miércoles, 22 de abril de 2020

1.3 Expanding the Town

I start this update with good news, Moira maxed the inventing skill and with that fulfilled the requirements for the first community lot!


So I proudly present Rough Treasures Junkyard. It's the obvious choice for Moira, being inventing her profession, plus she has to perfect it so I need it for the scrap collector challenge. And the money; she's spending all her earnings in scrap.


I added a couple of dumpster in case of a dumpster diving job in a future generation. Spoiler alert: not the next gen. And a bathroom but nothing more, like the spirit of the NIF says.


The junkyard it's already being the hit place of this town. LOL



For Raylen I chose a park as his lot because of his gardening job, now he's skilling in logic too.


And in the midst of all that skilling, Jazmin aged to child and I having a hard time not choosing her as the heir. My plan is for Bambú to be the heir because he's the second child and that gives Jazmin more time to earn a community lot. But... I really love her looks.


I chose artistic as her trait so she's going to replace her father as the painter of this gen. (Hint for the next gen goal).


Since I'm not entirely convinced who will be the heir, Raylen painted both of his children's portraits. Jazmin's toddler one is hanging on the not quit bedroom (For now the kids are going to sleep in that corner because I'm saving for Raylen's lot).


Random screenshots I don't now when to put them:

Raylen garden, now it's giving a little more simoleons thanks to the money trees, I'm hopping to find some red berry beans.


Jazmin's ghost tales.


Raylen aging in the bedroom.


Moira imitating her husband aging in the bedroom to and in that awkward leg twist way.


Jazmin precociously searching for a future mate.


Moira exploiting things with mixed results, I laughed at the nonchalant way she walked away from the mess.


Inventing is some much fun! It's always one of my favorite skills, the only thing that makes me sad is that I'll not be able to invent the simbot, there's no opportunities calls in a desert town. For obvious reasons I'm not counting that challenge for the perfectionist role because it's not be possible, but for the rest of them Moira is doing a good job!

And this last screenshot:


When I saw it I didn't realize it was a cat, I spent a long time trying to figure out what it was (I had the game paused), at first I thought it was a giant snail and I didn't understand what one of those was doing in the middle of a street in a sims game. I'm such a spaz. :p

I think this is a good place to leave this chapter, the next we'll see more birthdays and more explorations, I'm sure.


4 comentarios:

  1. So I proudly present [the junkyard], lol awesome- too bad 'makeout point' isn't a lot type in this game, sims just have to go wherever the wind takes them instead. When I started playing the test of time challenge, the only lot allowed at first was a grocery store rabbit hole, and after three gens of sims living only on their own lots with nowhere to go they used to use if for everything. Looking for a date? Go to the storehouse. Starting a fight? Storehouse. Have no money for actual food and need to grill some random crap or it's cold and you've been fishing at home all day? Storehouse.
    The amount of sass on that suit covered sim. Anyways I'm glad to see you updated this, it seems like such a fun way to play, by earning lots!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. A makeout point would be awesome! Maybe I can make something like that with a hang out lot. Mmm possibilities.
      I started a test of time challenge once but I left it in the middle of gen one, I may have to start one in a future, I saw some of your videos and I was impressed that you have reached the Roman era.
      It's really a fun way to earn lot like this, a couple of years ago I made an attempt and I got to generation three I think, by that time the world was populated with two o three houses and had half of the community lots earned, quite unbalanced. The result of not having restrictions on how many children to have per generation or how to get money. I think this time the growth of the city will be more organic.

      Eliminar
  2. That junkyard surely is a hot spot, lol.
    You're doing a great job, I'm eager for the next chapter.

    ResponderEliminar