lunes, 26 de julio de 2021

2.1 Something in the Water

Hello! Here I am with a new chapter and the real beginning of the second generation after ten months without posting. The last few months have been crazy and I'm behind in a lot of things, not just in the sims stories.

Before starting with this chapter, I want to thank those who have nominated and/or voted for this story at Boolprop. This blog won the 2021 Golden Plumbob for the Best Story or Other! Thank you so so much!!!

Without much ado, here's Jazmin's start as a heir.

The first thing to do in her new home was to call her boyfriend, Chase Schaffer.

Chase came eagerly and was happy to move in. Not only his girlfriend is gorgeous, she has a house. No more living in the streets for him.

He wants to be a Grand Explorer but sadly isn't something that he can obtain, the town is far from having all the requirements needed to discover the islands.

Being the brave man that he is, Chase isn't afraid to change his plans, being a Celebrated Five Stars Chef seems a good wish as any. Plus, his career's roll is Culinary.

He knows that he has to do a lot of practice in the kitchen before opening the Diner but he's confident he'll be able to achieve it.

Chase also started a garden at his home. I want him to max the gardening skill in case he can buy the diner/grocery combo, though I doubt it. The money that comes from Jazmin's career is very little; it's very hard to make simoleons by performing for tips in an empty city.

Why did the game decide she has to wear that dress as career outfit? I do not know, but it sort of fit with a magician.

Performing for tips at the park didn't bear fruit so she went to her Salon to try her luck. There, she met Kelli Earl, the new Stylist in town. Soon the two struck up a good conversation and Jazmin thought Kelli would be perfect as a housemate and to meet the Couple with Help roll and the third career that, hey what a coincidence, it's stylist. The woman gladly accepted. 

Unfortunately, that isn't the only thing she found in the Salon. Her mother, Moira, is working there too... or working up the tattoo artist, I'm not really sure.

I would have scolded her because it's not politically correct but all I want to say is 'good girl' for making out with someone much younger than her. lol. A gal after my own heart. 

Since we're talking about Moira, let's see what story progression had in store for the rest of the Naufragos.

What relative? Someone whom Moira bribed?

Well, one more resident isn't a bad thing, and I love the name Ferdinand.

It was either that or being a stylist like his mother, I think Bambú chose well. Isla Paradiso has beautiful landscapes, although I wonder to whom he'll sell those photos to.

Running is part of his career, I believe. I see him all over town running from one place to another.

Kelli, now under my control and with a new look, offered him a new style.

Bambú didn't seem very convinced with the makeover but he looks like a cool photographer to me. 

Seeing that her co-worker was giving her son a makeover, Moira asked her not to say anything if she ever saw any indiscretion on her part. A little late to worry, Moira, your daughter has already witnessed your indiscretions, which I approve of.

Said daughter was failing miserably in her career and killing the few townies there're in this place. 

On top of that, she spent the little money we have in building a room with a high floor at the back of the house.

She wants to make a skull cut out of every stone she can find, 'My Precious' she named her future collection.

You should be thinking about children, Jazmin!

Who does think about children is Kelli or, more precisely, thinks about babies' daddies. This is Coy Benton, who has a new job every day and is never available. Kelli is traying to befriend him and and tracks him everywhere. And Moira is there being creepy because that's her new life's philosophy.

Better go see what Chase is up to.

I've been thinking what could replace the culinary career while he tries to unlock the diner. I came up with the canning station, the closest thing to making money with food that I have in the game. What I decided is that he will sell only one batch of Jam or Preserves per day. This way he would earn more or less the same simoleons as he were in the career's lower levels.

Then I bought him a chicken coop because I can't seem to stop spending what little money we have. He likes to argue with Charles to vent his frustrations.

Meanwhile, Kelli keeps looking for the father of her future child. 

In spite of the scant clothes in which she went to meet the paparazzi, he was more into his older full clothed co-worker than her.


Said woman was into him too, making Kelli feel like a third wheel. There have to be something in the island's water; or maybe it's just the eternal sun making all the old gals feel like teenagers.

She's totally checking him out.


Previous: 2.0  Next: 2.2

4 comentarios:

  1. I rememver your blog from last year! Such a creative idea to combine the two challenges.

    Haha wow Moira sure is...confident, just kissing some guy she just met!

    I wanted to ask, how did you get the ú to show up in Bambú's name in the game? Do you use a keyboard that has the accents on there already? I can't find any way to give my sims names with accents like ú, ü, ç...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi! I'm reading your Winterly blog! :) I'm on a 1.13 so I have a lot to read ahead.

      I have a Latin American keyboard with the language configured to both Latin American and US, so I can switch between the two depending on what I need. It comes with a default key because its a pretty common key for us Spanish speaking people, it's next to the P. It has to be clicked right before the vowel. The same key has the (¨) but with shift. It also had the ñ ¿ ¡ because we use all of that all the time.
      Example: ¿Vendrás el día de hoy? ¡El niño te espera! (Will you come today? The kid is waiting for you!)

      Eliminar
    2. Ah hablas español? Yo tambien jajaja, pero al nivel intermedio! No tengo muchos oportunidades para praticar en mi vida actúal... but I'll keep my comment in english if that's better for you haha.

      Oh wow, 1.13...I write in such a long winded way most of the time, that blog has over 70 chapters and I only just started generation 3 x_x I wish I could write shorter, interesting updates!

      Eliminar
    3. Cuando quieras practicar, no lo dudes, aquí estoy. Hablamos en el idioma que quieras jajaja.

      Your updates aren't short but definitely interesting! I wish I could write longer chapter.

      Eliminar